Suzuki Forums banner

haha, makes me laugh

5K views 41 replies 17 participants last post by  boao2k2 
#1 ·
#2 ·
hahah those makes the brakes look so tiny

#7 ·
It's a down south thang, to put big azz rims under your ride as long as they fit without lifting the car. I have 20's on my 07 forenza, looks great. Yeah the brakes looks small on my too, be better if I could get a BBK. Any one know where to find one?

#10 ·
In the south it is very stylish. I get compliments every where I go, asking what did I have to do to get them to fit. I get a big smile, as most people are shocked when I say nothing, it's all stock. It's all in your opinion. I'm from the south, born and raised, I just don't like the so called donk fade. Jacking up a car to get bigger rims under it is stupid to me.

#12 ·
There are those who dont like it, like I said it's all a matter of opinion. But I don't just put big rims and call it a day. I have to add performance mods as well. Right now I have a custom cold air intake with a flow through spectre filter (autozone) using some left over 2-1/2" piping and bending it to reach the lower fender. Also a 4" burn-tip muffler, with the silencer of course hate the ricer sound, and have a ground kit from sport compact only on the way. I am also looking for a performance chip/module.

#13 ·
boao2k2 said:
There are those who dont like it, like I said it's all a matter of opinion. But I don't just put big rims and call it a day. I have to add performance mods as well. Right now I have a custom cold air intake with a flow through spectre filter (autozone) using some left over 2-1/2" piping and bending it to reach the lower fender. Also a 4" burn-tip muffler, with the silencer of course hate the ricer sound, and have a ground kit from sport compact only on the way. I am also looking for a performance chip/module.
Sadly that probably only makes up for the wheels

#14 ·
haha this is funny...if you want to do performance, then why did you put 20's on your car? your not gonna get any performance hualing all that rotational mass around with our small cars. If you want both styling AND performance, 17's or maybe even 18's would be fine, but 20 inch rims for performance doesn't cut it, for me at least. Don't judge me or anything...it's just my opinion and I'm glad your trying new things with our cars

#15 ·
I know the mods so far only make up for what I lhp ost with the big wheels that's why I did it. This car will never make it to a track for it is not a racer. It's mostly for show and to add a little hp increase and gas savings. For now it's just minor mods to increase hp. I wont be making any major mods to this as I've done to my honda until 2-3 years down the line, the car is only 2 months old. But eventually major mods like headers, high flow cat, light weight ud pulley (kink), racing cam, turbo, high speed fuel rail/injectors, but the car is still to new for these major mods just yet so i'll keep playing with my honda. Honda's a 92 Accord with 348,000 miles original engine, not fully rebuilt, but might as well be. (off subject, I know)

#16 ·
Fulofstl said:
haha this is funny...if you want to do performance, then why did you put 20's on your car? your not gonna get any performance hualing all that rotational mass around with our small cars. If you want both styling AND performance, 17's or maybe even 18's would be fine, but 20 inch rims for performance doesn't cut it, for me at least. Don't judge me or anything...it's just my opinion and I'm glad your trying new things with our cars
I do have 18's that I put back on the Honda. Some 18" Helo's with Falcon 215/35ZR tires. Personnally I like the look of the 20's on my new car better. I tried the 18's to me it just looks OK, like every body else's whip with 18's. I like to be different.

#19 ·
Everyone's not in it for the speed all the time, it's mostly just for show. If I wanna go fast I'll just drive my honda. Car's to new to be tearing down the engine just yet for major mods. For now it's just a little more HP and all show for the Friday night car meetings at the park. It does attract the ladies though.

#21 ·
Zipper said:
Ladys in it for bling arnt the ones that will be more then just arm candy. They come, they go, never leaving more then heart ache
And an empty wallet.

I am with the people that don't like the 20" wheels. That very well be the thing down south, but to me it just looks crappy on our car.

And boao2k2 you said that you put on a 4" tip on your muffler. Do you have a cat back or what and if so what is the size of the piping?

#22 · (Edited)
lol i believe him...if it brings ladies man do what you do...im not going to hate on your car...just looked at your car and doesn't look bad to me...still big for my style but hey you have your own style...everyone can't hook up our forenzas the same way or things would be lame....so as long as you can look at your car and say "yeahh thats nice }:D" then i guess thats all that matters......you need tint on it tho lol, just a guess but i bet your going to go with 5% or something

#24 ·
putting 18s on a honda isn't a very good idea for performance either.

ghetto styling is disgusting. it makes me feel sick to my stomach. 17s or 18s on our cars is about as big as you'd want to go. this reminds me of the guys that buy old nasty looking cars and spend more money on the rims than the car itself.

true styling is where you take something and make it look better. making your car look like it came rolling off the assembly line with all of your long thought out mods that you took your sweet time doing(do it right the first time). sitting 2 inches off the ground with matching lights, trim, wheels, and a professional look under the hood is what people look for.

i've had countless people comment on my car and stop me on my way in or out of it to ask me what kind of car it is and what i've done to it. i haven't done much, but i really like the way it's turning out. i don't have enormous chrome wheels or bangin subs in the back, either...there are quite a few of fella's on here that have a good sense of car modification/tuning, but i'd have to say that you don't. i'm sorry, but i really don't like what you've done to your car. it gives import "tuners" a bad reputation

#25 ·
jurupa said:
And an empty wallet.

I am with the people that don't like the 20" wheels. That very well be the thing down south, but to me it just looks crappy on our car.

And boao2k2 you said that you put on a 4" tip on your muffler. Do you have a cat back or what and if so what is the size of the piping?
I'm paying for it so I'll fix it the way I see fit. Not looking to make this a tuner as said before that's why I have a honda. Wanted another car to save on gas while working on the honda. No cat-back as of yet, just went with a 3" pipe after the resonator all the way to the muffler.

#26 ·
Gstylez said:
lol i believe him...if it brings ladies man do what you do...im not going to hate on your car...just looked at your car and doesn't look bad to me...still big for my style but hey you have your own style...everyone can't hook up our forenzas the same way or things would be lame....so as long as you can look at your car and say "yeahh thats nice }:D" then i guess thats all that matters......you need tint on it tho lol, just a guess but i bet your going to go with 5% or something
Thanks, I think I will do the limo on the back windows and legal 20% on the front 2. Trying to find a good price on 3M everyone wants at least $200. It's all about your own style, if everybody hooked there car up the same or tried to conform to a true tuner style then it would just be another suzuki. Yeah I'm not in it to bring the ladies home to mom, just have fun and hang out without emptying my pockets. I got kids man and that's not the image I trying to portray.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.