Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site - View Single Post - Problem with the Gas Tank
Suzuki Forum Suzuki Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance Advertise

Suzuki-Forums.com is the premier Suzuki All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 10:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
Intruder

Gallery: 0
Intruder

I'll report that my tank reads F for at least 50 miles after I fill it up. The drop towards E starts real slow and gets exponentially greater, then slows down again just before E.

Also, I really HATE the gas caps. You think you've screwed it on all the way and then you tug on it and it comes right off. Other times it apparently jars its way loose, then the car begins to act sluggish until I stop get out and tighten it again. What happened to the old caps that just screwed on a series of threads until it was tight as a drum??

Is there an aftermarket gas cap that would be better than ours? Are there such things as aftermarket gas fill recepticles that don't have the crappy half-turn screw thread?? Wouldn't installing an entirely new recepticle/cap just involve unbolting the old one, fastening the fill hose to the new one, and bolting it back on?
Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote