Suzuki Forums banner

Service Manuals,Technical info and Parts sourcing...

230K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  Bex 
#1 ·
I also have a lot more manuals uploaded now, primarily for the Vitara but they also mostly apply to US models prior to 1996. I'm gradually uploading my full collection.
Rhinoman's Suzuki Service Manuals

Additionally:
All wiring schematics for a 1996 Suzuki Sidekick here. It's a PDF file with 46 pages of wiring diagrams. Should be similar for all years and models: Bex
http://thassos4x4.gr/com_downloads/download.html?id=11

An extensive list of OE new, aftermarket and used part sources are listed here: Max
FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions) on Parts...

Last up-date 1/30/21: Max

#2 ·
I've attempted to smooth out this thread by consolidating the many scattered posts, eliminating dead links and removing any "fluff" comments in order to better have this section serve as a reference library.

If anyone has new links for addition, finds old / dead / duplicated links exist, or has any other input that would improve this thread...post (or PM me or Mod Bex) your thoughts.

A special thanks to Rhinoman, Bex, ORF-Tracker, Ack, Nicolainucleon and others for their contributions to date.

Max

Reactions: Ashfork
#4 ·
Realfixesrealfast.com has a great tutorial on all circuits, switched grounds, etc., done in video, if you head over to their site. Some great stuff there.
Home

This is an excellent post on the considered 'impossible' tach swap, which I thought might be good here (so it can be found again).
Tachometer Swap 93 to 92

#27 ·
Complete worldwide factory parts library for all models with diagrams/part numbers:

Suzuki
Have you ever tried to buy anything off of that site? It seems legit, but i imagine they've long since run out of many things. Id like to go OEM, before seeing if a local shop could work something.

I found the interior rear wheel well covers, #2,3. Although I'm not sure that is the correct model/equipment codes. I can't imagine there are any floating around, as they're practical made of lace...

Any experience?

#7 ·
#9 ·
Following un-popular demand at the forum :), here is the stock vacuum lines routing around the carb of a Mikuni equiped Vitara.
Quite easy to get them wrong, so hope it can be helpful for some, specially if you are replacing all lines with 4mm ID tubes like I did.
Worth noting that each time you take off the air filter bottom case, you need to unplug the free line in the first pic, the one that has the orange color valve goes to the hot air control thermostat valve....and of course remember to re-attach once you are done.... easy to miss that.
Moderator, you are welcome to pin this

Reactions: Roont
#13 ·
Hi, I'm chasing a wiring diagram for Vitara 97 4WD two door with J20A 2.0 16v engine for Australian market, the link on the top of this thread works but the manual seems not working, it freezes up when I open it and lets me see only first page of the manual.

Previous owner did some very dodgy wiring installation in the engine bay to mount aftermarket horn (????why???) and a temperature relay switch for aftermarket electric fan and it's so dodgy it hurt's my eyes every time I look at it and want to yank it all out and redo it properly so I need some wiring diagram manual or workshop manual but can't seem to find the right one. Would appreciate if somebody could throw in some links.

Thank you
Richard

#14 ·
You have to click on the manual on the left side of the column that is specific to your car. Assuming you are petrol, I think this might be for you:
The beginning of it deals with the immobilizer, but at page 38, it has wiring information. It appears to basically deal with wiring specific to the ECU.

If you see a manual that you think might be helpful, and have difficulty opening it, post what it is, and I’ll link it for you. I have no problem opening up any of the manuals….???

#15 ·
I'm so confused with those codenames, I thought the SV420 was my model but that seems to be turbodiesel model haha.
Yes mine is petrol, it seems like there's a lot models of these cars each in different configurations and codenames. Unusual. For me at least lol.

I've checked over that manual you posted and still not sure if it's for my car or not. I'm also not sure whether my car has immobilizer or not, my key is fairly simple and doesn't look like it's got that chip inside it, although I could be wrong. Usually there's a small indicator when the car has got immobilizer, on my Mazda MPS there's this red key that flashes until I start the car but nothing on the Vitara so I assume it has no immobilizer therefore that manual is incorrect ?

#16 ·
Yes, you do have the SV420 engine, considered SV420G (gas) in the parts manual:
Service Manuals,Technical info and Parts sourcing...

However, the parts manual doesn’t give a wiring diagram. It looks like those manuals only have the diesel version for your engine….??? I would suspect, however, that potentially the wiring for the horn would be the same, regardless of diesel or gas.
You may want to start a thread here, so that others can chime in with better info than I might have:

#19 ·
Hello Everyone! I have a 1996 (Built in late 1995) Suzuki Sidekick Sport, with the 1.8L engine, the SV418. I have a copy of the Geo Tracker Service Manual from ACKSFAQ, I know that the 1.8L engine had a Supplementary Service Manual, labeled '1996 Suzuki Sidekick Supplementary Service Manual 1800'. I wanted to see if anyone has a PDF of this Supplementary Manual, and if not, to see if anyone has the physical copy of it. I would like to scan it into a PDF, or if possible to find one for sale for cheap enough, buy it and scan it to PDF for anyone else who needs it.

#22 ·
I’ve not found one to upload that’s specific to the X90. The parts manual is here:
I suspect that a good part of the service manual will be the same as what is shown on Acks FAQS. For the most part, the difference between the X90 and Trackick is the body, AFAIK

#25 ·
Thank you for posting. The catalogue is pretty much the same as the parts catalog, but might be a bit more confusing with regard to different years, engines, etc.,as it’s all put together under the component part, rather than a separate ‘catalog’ by year. But it’s better to have too much info, rather than not enough! ;)

#30 ·
You may want to try to copy the part number for the piece you want, and then do a google search on it. While unlikely, there is always the possibility that there are aftermarket options.