Suzuki Forums banner

Manual locking hub removal problem

9K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Skyhiranger 
#1 ·
Hey guys so I went to take off and replace my broken old hub and well I thought I was fallowing the steps right until I came across this and cant figure out how to get it off the rest of the way. Any help would be great looking forward to fixing my wheel bearing and install my new warn hub.

The coned gear thing is where i'm having troubles

See less See more
#3 ·
Give folks a specific year and model, but I assume from the pic that you need a "special" internally splined socket of the correct size, unless that's just a "star" lock washer that I see. :huh: Not sure. It's pretty nasty down there, either way.

#5 ·
Its a 94 sierra with the Aisin hub but with all the bolts removed I thought it should come off till I saw that and the instructions I have never said anything about it being there. Also this hub wasn't working and when I opened it up all the springs and rings where all snapped do you think someone did something to it trying to fix it? Thanks Max for the links but none of them mentioned that thing which I would assume is a nut of some sort. Any help would be greatly appreciated since my zuke has been on stands for like 3 weeks waiting for bearings & hubs :(

Thank you,
Josh - DIYZuke.ky

#8 ·
;)

Front Wheel Bearing Locknut Suzuki Samurai and Geo 97-2000 OTC79 - Mechanics Tools and Bits

And you MAY be able to get one as a "loaner" from your local Auto Parts place.
No, no, no, no, no....that socket is not needed to remove samurai hubs.

I suspect the internal "cone" part of the hub is just rusted/stuck on the axleshaft splines. Once the 6 bolts and cone washers are removed, that hold the hub body onto the wheel hub, and the snap ring is removed from the end of the axleshaft, the whole hub will just slide off the axleshaft. So if all of that is done and the hub still won't come off, then the hub is just stuck on the axleshaft...try spraying the end of the axleshaft down with penetrant and working the hub back and forth to get it broke loose and sliding on the axleshaft.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.