Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site - View Single Post - Jimny Exhaust Steam after Engine Re-Build
Suzuki Forum Suzuki Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance Advertise

Suzuki-Forums.com is the premier Suzuki All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 08:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
f2jak

Gallery: 0
f2jak is on a distinguished road
Default Jimny Exhaust Steam after Engine Re-Build

Hello,

I recently bough a 1999 Jimny off a neighbour who was going to scrap it because it overheated and blew a head gasket.

I have spent the last couple of months stripping the head off - which progressed in to a full engine rebuild because the bores were scored and 2 pistons were damaged!

The cylinders were honed, 4x new pistons, block skimmed and head skimmed/pressure tested/valves re-reated, all put back together and installed.

The engine started first time started which was a relief BUT I am getting a lot of steam coming from the exhaust, I thought initially it may just be residue in the exhaust but i have now ran the engine for approx 30 - 40 minutes (over the space of 3 days) and it is still just as bad. There doesn't appear to be any coolant loss but not and again the CEL light flashes and the engine splutters but continues to run. I have checked the error cope - MAP sensor fault - but I don't think that will cause the steam?

Do I have more than 1 fault? Could I have missed something when re attaching all the hoses / electrical connectors?

Thanks,

Mark
f2jak is offline   Reply With Quote