Suzuki Forums banner

How to use my 4x4?

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  jimmy font 
#1 ·
I have a Japanese sierra and the instructions are in Japanese can anyone help me out. And is anyone able to get a picture of their instruction card? Also it looks like itmay have been put in 4x4 by the previous owner but i dont know because i dont know how this system works.

#4 ·
ya it looked like it because there's a light that i didn't know what it meant and i thought it could be the 4x4 and i didn't know how to work the 4x4 and it looked like it was in the 4x4 position but i discovered how to get it to work and found it was not in 4x4. good thing

#5 ·
LOL .........check the front hubs and make sure they are not locked set them to free otherwise they would get messed up if u driving with them locked all the time. Only lock them when u are going to use the 4 wheel drive and do it before you put in the gear and make sure the gear box is in neutral before u select 4 low /4 hi /2 hi.....happy mudding

#6 ·
If the diff is stock and open there is nothing wrong with keeping the hubs locked and driving around in 2wd. You may loose an mpg figure or two.

Some folks up above the snow line lock them during winter so they don't keep on having to get in an out of the vehicle every single time they get stuck.

#8 ·
Or even on a trail, where you can possibly get stuck but it doesn't make sense to drive the whole trail in 4x4 so you are going in and out ever 4 mins. These are just examples.

#11 ·
Even the toughest trails have sections where 2wd has its advantages, especially if you have a locked front end and you need to do a tight turn. Here, we consider it a challenge to make it in 2wd. 4wd is your safety net...
Happy trails!

Oh, forgot to mention, we hardly ever see mud here in the desert southwest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.