Suzuki Forums banner

remove dash 1992 sierra

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  JDM Jimny in CDN 
#1 ·
i just brought a 1992 4wd sierra and i wouldnt mind pulling of the dash as my fuel gadge isnt working and im trying to fit a sterrio and cant work out what wires what
can anyone help me?
:confused:

#2 ·
I pulled my dash out a couple weeks ago for a LED bulb conversion.

Going from memory this is what I got!

First remove the plastic "kick plate" directly under the steering wheel.

Remove the 4 screws holding in the inst. cluster. the 2 on top, you will prob need a stubby screw driver to get at them.

Using a T-40 or maybe its a T-45 (torx bit) remove the screws holding up your steering column.

This will allow you to drop your steering wheel enough to squeeze the cluster out without breaking your 4 way flasher switch.... if you are carefull!

Make sure you re-torque your steering column screws upon re-install. You don't want that to come loose when you are driving down the highway!

As for you radio I believe there is 3 connecters on the stock Jimny.
A 4 pin that is square, and has 2 red and 2 white (2 wires each for the left and right speakers)(
A 3 or 4 pin Power. GND, back light, and Accessory.

You'll have to use your multi meter to figure out which wire is which. But owning a Jimny, you'll need to learn to use one!!

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.