Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site - View Single Post - bad oil leak and other issues, help!
Suzuki Forum Suzuki Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance Advertise

Suzuki-Forums.com is the premier Suzuki All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 05:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
stitchclimber

Gallery: 0
stitchclimber is on a distinguished road
Default bad oil leak and other issues, help!

Just picked up a 'rough running' 87 sami. I should prefece this by saying that I've never messed with a rig like this in my life!

The issue's previous owner was having included running rough, engine stalling after take off in 1st, or shift into 2nd, and a major overheating problem (blew both of the old radiator hoses.

He recently had the head gasket done, thermostat replaces, and I believe the water pump as well, and when he continued to have issue's he let it sit for six months...

So fast forward to today, I get the Sammi delivered to me, cause for the price, I couldn't pass it up, even with engine issues.

And sure enough, after charging the battery, and blasting with some starting fluid, I got the engine running. Let it warm up and took it for a couple laps around the block. Temperature stayed consistent, but I had major RPM drops when starting from 1st, or shifting into 2nd...

to top it all off I noticed a shit ton of oil pooling when I parked it, and noticed it dribbling out of a sensor above the oil filter (pictured)

What am I looking at? Easy fix? any thoughts on the other issues?

Thanks!
stitchclimber is offline   Reply With Quote