Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site - View Single Post - Front End Steering Alignment Question
Suzuki Forum Suzuki Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance Advertise

Suzuki-Forums.com is the premier Suzuki All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
JohnnyAirtime

Gallery: 5
JohnnyAirtime is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobinyelm View Post
I don't believe so.

One COULD perhaps shim the steering box away from the frame slightly, though this doesn't seem wise.

It would only offer adjustment in one direction.

This is a design flaw IMO for cost and simplicity.
I guess you've not corrected the problem yet??

I also don't see you mention to remove, and remount the steering wheel (similar to the idea of the pitman arm) to re-center the steering wheel itself.

I'd NOT shim anything, or move anything (as you mentioned loosening u-bolts and moving the axle) to simply center up the wheel or gain alignment correction.

As a last resort, you can always weld in an adjustment on the center link (from pitman arm to passenger wheel), just as the link has for toe-in alignment. It's easy to do, just scary if not done correctly due to possible breakage or separation.
JohnnyAirtime is offline   Reply With Quote