Suzuki Forums banner

New to this with a Jimny

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Baratacus 
#1 ·
Well I am stationed in Japan and bought a toy to mess around with. Has it's fair share of issues, it was wrecked pretty bad when i got it but it was $300

New front brakes, new front end and the motor in pieces (had heating issues go figure right)

anyway the rear brakes are messed up as well (bet you can figure out how the last guy wrecked it lol)

My question....is there a simple rear disk brake swap...something i can find in a junk yard rather easy. I hate dicking with drum brakes

Oh a little info on the truck
93 Jimny with the 0.7 Liter 3 cylinder turbo F6A...5 speed fun little truck, already has a spring over, some spring helpers and 31 inch tires and a 2 or 1 3/4 body lift. needs to be bigger... but a front end installed and the engine back in is my first goal.

anyway yea rear disk brakes...tell me they are out there

#2 ·
trail tough has a conversion kit for using subaru brakes on the rear, and spidertrax has a conversion kit that uses suzuki brakes on the rear. Those are the only commercial bolt on kits that I know of. There are lots of various home brewed fabrications out there... pirate 4x4 is a good place to search. *(not a good place to ask questions, just search and lurk)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.