Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site - View Single Post - Another newbie series of questions
Suzuki Forum Suzuki Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance Advertise

Suzuki-Forums.com is the premier Suzuki All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 05:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
comanche79p

Gallery: 0
comanche79p is on a distinguished road
Default Another newbie series of questions

I have been reading as much as I can on here about the options available for Samurai's, and sometimes get a little confused. I am going next week to get my "new" '86 stock Sammy and want to do a few thing with it. I want to keep the ride and handling good on the hiway and do a lift enough to handle 30" tires. I bought this in place of a 4-wheeler and use it to putter around to and from my hunting spots which include quite a bit of sand in a river bottom and to and from work. I am not a hard core 4 wheeler, but would like to get around when I needed to.
I have been looking at the Rocky Road Wrangler under spring lift kit to start with. Here are my questions.
1. Is this a good conversion?
2. Exactly what springs are needed (year model? stock?)
3. I am not what you would call a mechanic, but do OK with a set of wrenches, so is this a fairly straight forward conversion?
4. Is this enough lift for 30" tires?
5. What will I give up in doing this conversion? I would expect to loose some fuel economy and power, but what else would I give up?
6. What else would be needed to complete this conversion? What about gearing? shocks?, drive shaft? steering?

This is my first post, so any direction would be appreciated.
Thanks
comanche79p is offline   Reply With Quote