Another newbie series of questions
I have been reading as much as I can on here about the options available for Samurai's, and sometimes get a little confused. I am going next week to get my "new" '86 stock Sammy and want to do a few thing with it. I want to keep the ride and handling good on the hiway and do a lift enough to handle 30" tires. I bought this in place of a 4-wheeler and use it to putter around to and from my hunting spots which include quite a bit of sand in a river bottom and to and from work. I am not a hard core 4 wheeler, but would like to get around when I needed to.
I have been looking at the Rocky Road Wrangler under spring lift kit to start with. Here are my questions.
1. Is this a good conversion?
2. Exactly what springs are needed (year model? stock?)
3. I am not what you would call a mechanic, but do OK with a set of wrenches, so is this a fairly straight forward conversion?
4. Is this enough lift for 30" tires?
5. What will I give up in doing this conversion? I would expect to loose some fuel economy and power, but what else would I give up?
6. What else would be needed to complete this conversion? What about gearing? shocks?, drive shaft? steering?
This is my first post, so any direction would be appreciated.