Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site - View Single Post - newbie needing suggestions/direction
Suzuki Forum Suzuki Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance Advertise

Suzuki-Forums.com is the premier Suzuki All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 05:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Zukini66

Gallery: 0
Zukini66 is on a distinguished road
Default newbie needing suggestions/direction

Hi everyone!
I've been poking around in here for a while trying to learn and absorb all the info here. I have a 94 Sami completely stock. I'll tell you what I'd like, and how I'd like to use the truck and maybe someone can point me in the best direction as to what I'll need to get there.
I want this to be a DD as it should do better on gas than my current DD. I'd like to do a suspension lift and although I don't know what the lowest height available in all the kits is, I'm thinking I probably don't want to go higher than 4". Or if someone has pics of their truck with more than 4", then I can decide if I do want to go taller. I would like the ability to go out in the mud if I'm in a situation where the local river floods but I won't get stuck in the mud--not looking to have a crawler or a complete mud bogger. I just want to be able to get out of the mud if I find myself in it. I know very little about which is better, SPOA, or the other types that I've seen mentioned here. I'm not looking, for the time being, to swap out axles to Toyota or springs to Jeep, etc., I just want to work with what I have and add to it. Oh, also I obviously would want larger tires.
I don't know if that helps at all, or if it's too much info. I'm just looking to find out what is the diff between all the different style lifts, which is more suitable to what I want to do with the truck, and what else I'll need eventually as far as steering changes and any other changes that will have to be addressed by a suspension lift.
I'm going to have questions, too. Very mechanically inclined but have never taken on a project like this before so I might not be familiar with terminology specific to the Samurai, etc.
Thanks guys, and if you need more info from me about this truck just ask.
Zukini66 is offline   Reply With Quote