Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site - View Single Post - suspension up-grades? I have stock and want to fit 31"x10.5x15's
Suzuki Forum Suzuki Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance Advertise

Suzuki-Forums.com is the premier Suzuki All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 10:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Billjohn
Veteran

Gallery: 2
Billjohn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baratacus View Post
urban legend.

the front towers don't hang any lower than shackles. because they are closed in front and extend above where the lower mount is for the shackle, they have the appearance of hanging down lower when they actually just extend up higher for a firmer mounting.
Unless you rock crawl...
Shackles move and can 'give' with more flexibility than the 'fangs'. Whack the fangs on a rock and you can bend them (one guess as to how I know). Otherwise, I agree with the rest. For most normal trails, the Calmini 5" will give you a decent ride. It also allows more control of the front axle than a standard SPOA (without a panhard).
Billjohn is offline   Reply With Quote