Suzuki Forums banner

Random enabled?

3K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  MagnumJoe 
#1 ·
Is there anyway to enable the "Random" feature without buying a CD changer for the Swift's CD Player? That's what is written in the car manual.

#2 ·
in CD mode press the number 3 button to enable random play, for some reason you cannot skip to a random track halfway throught a song (using the next button), it will go to the next one in line, intsted you have to press the number 3 button twice to do it, hope it helps

#5 ·
my swift is a 2006 model 1.3 ddis, standard cd player ( no changer) i press CD (if i have the radio on) then hit number 3 and RDM appears above the timer on the cd player display,

you have to let each song play out till the end for it to select one at random, if you press the skip button it will go to the next song in line and not a random one!

#6 ·
No: When i press "3", no "RDM" appears: nothing happens! And i thought that maybe it doesn't appear, but the function is on, but no: the next song plays. In the manual, it is written that "Scan" button starts random play, only when there is a CD changer, i tried it still, and nothing happened. I technically pressed all buttons on display lol. I guess you are lucky then. This problem is really pissing me off.

My swift is Late-2008/2009 model. I think this thing needs some intervention.

#10 ·
No "RDM" Is not written. And i already tried a long press.

There is nothing "Wrong" with my CD/MP3 player, it's just that this optional is apparently disabled unless i buy a CD changer. I was wishing to find someone who could help me hack into enabling it.

Thank you anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.