05-11-2014, 06:12 PM
Join Date: Jul 2010
Thinking of buying a Suzuki Swift Sport FZ Manual
I am thinking about replacing my car. I currently have an older WRX that is soon to be due for replacement. I really like the look/concept of the new swift sport. We have previously had an SX4 which was a great car with fantastic build wuality so I am quite happy to look back to Suzuki for my next car.
My requirements are, economical as I do a 100km round trip to work each day, something sporty and engaging to drive even if not ultimately fast (I have had a few speeding tickets in the wrx and I am getting sick of having to speed ot enjoy the car), something comfortable and relatively quiet and something that I can do track days with and not be in constant fear of breaking it.
I am hoping to get some opinions from owners (looking at manual only). I would be particularly interested in
- real world economy
- performance both engine and chassis
- use on track days
- thoughts on the manual gearbox in these
- how does the car go managing steep hills with its modest torque output (coming from a turbo car)
- how do you find it to live with
- what sort of rpm does the car sit on at 100/100?