Suzuki Forums banner

Squealing Sound When I Start It & When A/C Is Turned On

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  LAgreeneyes 
#1 ·
For the last year, I have been having a problem with this LOUD, squealing noise that my XL-7 makes when I start it up AND when I turn on the A/C button. The loud noise lasts for about 5 minutes and then it stops. The noise started when I took my truck in for an oil change. They noted that a belt needed replacing. I told them to replace the belt (not sure which one). After that, the loud squealing started. I brought my truck back about 7 times and they could NOT fix what they messed up. During this time, my A/C went out. It stopped blowing cold air. I took my truck to another place and told them about the loud noise. They said it was the alternator belt. They replaced it and the squealing noise was a lot better. It was almost minimal to gone. After about 2 days of driving the noise came back but not as bad. I called them and they said that they need to adjust the belt. I will be bringing it back for them to adjust the belt. And mysteriously, my A/C started working. It blows cold air now. It wasn't blowing cold air before. Who knows what happened there.

Anyway, If this does not work, does anyone have any idea what is causing my truck to squeal when I crank it up and when I turn on the A/C.

I"m just ready to stop hearing this noise. It's embarrassing. I'm ashamed to start my car up in front of people. :mad:

Any help would be appreciated. What do you all suggest I do?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.