Suzuki Forums banner

Air Bag Light

17K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  northeastXL7 
#1 ·
Air bag light just came on and is staying on. This is about the 4th time it has happened since I bought the 05 verona. 1st and 3rd time the dealer said something under the driver's seat caused the wires tto pull apart. 2nd time he had to replace the clock. He is now out of business and I had hoped to fix it myself. Any ideas on where to start? I have looked under the driver's seat and all connections seem secure. Nothing on passenger seat. Thanks

#2 ·
first you need to get the trouble code..
if its a B1378 or B1382 there is a service bulletin for those and it is something you can do yourself.
if you can confirm the code, i can send the bulletin tomorrow.

#6 ·
You can still use a GM North America 32Meg card in your TECH2 and call it a Chevrolet L body. The bulletin, I'm afraid is only a bandaid. The only real fix for this is to replace both the airbag floor harness AND the affected seat airbag. The velcro tape and connector wiggle will only work for awhile.

#7 ·
the 32MB card for the Tech2 is programmed with Suzuki-specific software that does not include anything aside from the XL7. The card can be reprogrammed for the GM-Canada software, but since it's the property of the dealership, they aren't too keen on hot-rodding around with their stuff. An extra card would do the trick, but they're not cheap...alas, I've always though having the Epica software would be a big big help.
~Erik~

#8 ·
I'm also a GM dealer in PA so I have the North American 32 Meg card. You can also use the GM card for XL7 by calling the vehicle a Pontiac APV "L" body (Torrent GXP). For Forenza and Verona, the GM card is invaluable as it can detect more DTC's than the 10 meg card can. Later Forenzas also benefit from an EVAP service bay test and complete misfire data and graphs. Unfortunately Verona still lacks misfire data even with the GM card.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.