Suzuki Forums banner

Another new member

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  aquanaut20 
#1 ·
Hello all,

My name is Frans and I live in The Netherlands. During the last few years I have developed a desire to buy a 4x4 vehicle for driving on unpaved roads in mountainous areas such as the Alps and the Pyrenees.

As my budget is limited I am looking at older cars, and the V6 variations of the Grand Vitara (1998-2004) and XL-7 (2001-2005) are on my list.

Browsing the forum I already came across some very useful information, and I can’t rule out I will be bothering you with a couple of questions shortly ?

Regards,
Frans

#4 · (Edited)
Bought a GV XL-7 :)

It all went a bit quicker than I could have imagined. Last Saturday I test drove a 2002 Grand Vitara XL-7 with 176.000 kms (110.000 miles). We had a good look at it, and it has very little rust. It drove well, and I didn't hear any ticking, tapping or rattles.

After having let it sink in for a few days I decided to buy it - see the pictures :)

Hope it turns out to be a good decision.

Attachments

#9 ·
For the longer term, perhaps a modest lift. For the shorter term, some protection for the front diff and gearbox would be a good thing. Any ideas on that, given the fact that you probably live in The Netherlands like myself?

#6 ·
I see one issue with it already, the steering wheel is on the wrong side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.