Suzuki Forums banner

2013 Suzuki SX4 random engine cutting out

6K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  LMP 
#1 ·
I have a 2013 Suzuki SX4 crossover with 140K miles on it. The issue I am having is while drive at highway speeds the engine will drop 500 rpm for just a second or two. Drives normal after that it might repeat up to 5 times. This happens with a/c on or off, cruse control on or off. No codes are thrown. Dealer says they can not find anything wrong. I did clean the throttle body that did not fix it.. I have read the forums and will check mass air flow and Crankshaft sensor. It idles great. I am wanting to sell it but need to fix this issue..

Does anyone seem this problem? summary
going highway speeds the engine will "cutout/loose power" randomly for just half second and then run as if nothing every happen..

Thanks in advance

Scott

#3 ·
First diagnostic step,

Monitor main power and ground to the ECU,

NEXT,

Monitor fuel rail pressure... or,

you could start guessing and throw parts at it....

.... Philip

#7 · (Edited)
I have a 2013 Suzuki SX4 crossover with 140K miles on it. The issue I am having is while drive at highway speeds the engine will drop 500 rpm for a second or two ...
THis guy did not come back..maybe realising the question was weird......how can the engine speed drop 500 rpm while at highway speed and in gear....if a manual transmisison..impossible....if the CVT, then only with a transmisison shift .
Let this guy come back with real details...like transmision type, vehicle speed before and during the "event", rpm value "A" to value "B".
"cutout/loose power" randomly for just half second though is something else ...loss of an electrical contact?....Is the car using a real key in the socket of is it a keyless ? Details mean something. I have seen ignition switches go weird...

#8 ·
I have a 2013 Suzuki SX4 crossover with 140K miles on it. The issue I am having is while drive at highway speeds the engine will drop 500 rpm for just a second or two. Drives normal after that it might repeat up to 5 times. This happens with a/c on or off, cruse control on or off. No codes are thrown. Dealer says they can not find anything wrong. I did clean the throttle body that did not fix it.. I have read the forums and will check mass air flow and Crankshaft sensor. It idles great. I am wanting to sell it but need to fix this issue..

Does anyone seem this problem? summary
going highway speeds the engine will "cutout/loose power" randomly for just half second and then run as if nothing every happen..

Thanks in advance

Scott
Mine is doing the same thing 2004 Suzuki Swift
It idles fine...revs up and holds rmp fine...but while driving at around 55 mph in cuts on and off like it's electrical.electrical

#10 ·
Just hoping after a year that he has solved the problem but if so, he should have reported it so others can use this experience...which is the purpose of this forum...

Reactions: SuzukiQ
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.