Suzuki Forums banner

Aem Cai Setup

6K views 37 replies 6 participants last post by  7-even 
#1 ·
My ebay package arived today. I have three different AEM pipes to play with and make a custom cold air intake. I was thinking last night, if you are standing in front of your car with the hood up you will notice there is quite a bit of room on the right side, anyone see a problem with runing my cai to that side? I think it would be less hot and also theres just so much more room to set up whatever works..

One other question, the one pipe came with a hole filled with rubber a rubber hole and a bung so is our MAP sensor, or air flow sensor circular where I could stick it in there? I will post some pics so you get a better Idea of what I have to work with and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

#4 ·
cool thing is all these pipes match the color of my car pretty good lol.. We'll be slapping it on tomorow, any tips to help get the best setup/other things I may need? I know I will need a ninety degree elbow right?

#5 ·
Welp Ive got it on the car! It tucks right down in front of the opening for the fog lights.. It sounds crazy as hell, if you'be ever played need for speed carbon and used the WRX thats what it sounds like minus the turbo of coarse... I noticed a huge bump in performance and in gas mileage I have been driving all day and the needle hasnt moved, Im thinking I may be getting close to 29-30 mpg's now maybe Im over shooting that but we will see I will post pics tomorow... :) So I guess now I need to scrape up some change and go get that UD pulley and some other power adders... Even if Im in to tall of a gear it takes off pretty well I cant imagine what it will be like with that UD pulley and a cat-back, but when I get up around 80 + the car seems really loose in the front end any ideas on how to limit that?

#8 ·
I doubt anyone's sounds like this on here, but I think thats cuz I have a cheap stainless steel filter on it so theres not much filtering happenin right now just pure air wich is both good and bad... It just sounds nuts. I will get those pics up if it ever stops raining..

#14 ·
btw what does the bms intake sound like? And will you need a water bypass or water shield for it? My filter is getting wet cuz its way down far so Im just gunna cut it up a little higher for now but, Im afraid Im going to hyrdo lock my engine if I dont.

#18 ·
Alright buddy, I will shoot you an email as soon as my money gets here, btw I have to get it now cuz the intake I made is rubbing on the belts and I see no way of fixing it :( now my car is all squeaky.

#30 ·
update from b-moto.com
i email them about the cai and this is what they said

Hello there, Thank you for enquiring about our cold air intake kits. We do stillcarry intake kits. The blue kits are on back order currently but yes Ihave a black one in stock. The black intake kit is 219.00 plus shippingand if you live in California plus tax. If you would like to place an order please call me at 909-466-1602 x118. Or our website will re-open once I get more parts in to restockboth blue and black. (which should be within the week) Thank you, Michelle GlattBoshart Motorsports Inc,909-466-1602 x 118

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.