Suzuki Forums banner

high lift camshaft GRAN VITARA 2000, petrol 2.0L help!!!!!!!

6K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  frankobriceno 
#1 ·
Dear Petrol heads out there ! please i need your help and advice here, I have been searching for a high lift high performance camshaft for my slow but beloved Gran vitara 2.0 petrol engine .!!

dont know where to go or who to ask for a link a description of what i am looking for !!

Iam sure some of you know what i need !!.

can anyone paste here a link for me so that I can guide myself please thank you very much

#3 ·
Frank. If you haven't already thought about this...is there the needed piston to valve clearance available to accomplish the lift?

What about cam duration and lobe separation spec changes in lieu of lift?

Are you prepared to conduct the required supporting advancements to fuel delivery and exhaust flow needs?

ECU remapping may also be required to take advantage of the mods of this nature.

#4 ·
cam shaft for gran vitara 2000 petrol 2.0l

THANKS MAX ! I did not think much about this but now it seems easier to just get a turbo and upgrade the fuel injecters, manifold , and Ecu!!! OR IS THERE ANY OTHER EASIER WAY TO IMPROVE PERFORMANCE IN THIS ENGINE ???

THANKS MAX

#5 ·
I wish that it was that easy on these rides. :(

If a Honda, Nissan or Toyota you would be in fat city for info and mass produced parts on the relative cheap. The Zuk? Not so much. :rolleyes:

Even turbo's will require supportive mods similar to the discussed cam swap.

One guy boosted a 2.0 on here. I'll see if I can find it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.