Originally Posted by sherry
Hi just wondering if anyone has had to reset the tire pressure monitoring system on a 2007 grand vitara.
Thanks in advance .sherry
heres the proper procedure on resetting tpms.
1. turn on the ignition, with the engine off
2. apply parking brake
3. using driver information center (DIC), show "RELEARN TIRE POSITION"
( The horn will sound twice, and the "TIRE LEARNING ACTIVE" message will display
4. starting with front lh tire, decrease tire pressure and wait for a horn chip
5. after the horn chirp, proceed for the next sensors in the following order: front rh-rear rh-rear lh.
after rear lh sensor has been learned, turn off the ignition to exit the learning mode.
6. after the lear mode has been exited, adjust all tire pressures to recommended psi.