GM Alternator on Samurai - Page 3 - Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site
Suzuki Forum Suzuki Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site > Suzuki Models > Suzuki Jimny, Sierra & Samurai Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

Suzuki-Forums.com is the premier Suzuki Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 02:41 AM   #21 (permalink)
Senior
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 201
Gallery: 0
whincup is on a distinguished road
Default

where/what did u get the bigger alternator from?
whincup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-13-2009, 07:15 AM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
footloose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 29
Gallery: 0
footloose
Default

My local auto elec sourced it for me. I have no idea what vehicle it was originally for but it was a straight bolt in on the Suzi. Even the socket for the original wiring clipped straight in with no modification. Getting a replacement alternator was cheaper than rebuilding and upgrading the old one. The old alternator was the original one fitted when I bought the vehicle new in 1985, over 20yrs old. Maybe you could have a chat with your local auto elec. I'm in Perth Western Australia, whereabouts are you?
__________________
1985 Holden Drover Soft Top
Dual Batteries
Extractors & 2" Exhaust
Ported & Polished Head
2" Suspension Lift
75ltr Long Range Fuel Tank
150w Spotties x 2
4 Post Bullbar
footloose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2009, 11:13 AM   #23 (permalink)
Expert
 
alternator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Saudi Arabia
Posts: 448
Gallery: 4
alternator is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by footloose View Post
My local auto elec sourced it for me. I have no idea what vehicle it was originally for but it was a straight bolt in on the Suzi. Even the socket for the original wiring clipped straight in with no modification. Getting a replacement alternator was cheaper than rebuilding and upgrading the old one. The old alternator was the original one fitted when I bought the vehicle new in 1985, over 20yrs old. Maybe you could have a chat with your local auto elec. I'm in Perth Western Australia, whereabouts are you?
Wow! You're the single owner since 85! You're one faithful owner!
alternator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2009, 06:40 AM   #24 (permalink)
Senior
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 201
Gallery: 0
whincup is on a distinguished road
Default

i live up in queensland... i have monday off work, hopefully i'll be able to have a chat to the wreckers here... believe it or not, they only have one sierra there! *cries*
whincup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2009, 06:36 PM   #25 (permalink)
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3
Gallery: 0
Adventure-Off-Rd is on a distinguished road
Default Suzuki Samurai Cs130 Gm Alternator Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternator View Post
Thanks footloose. You can attach the photos directly to your message, just click on "Manage Attachments" in "Attach Files" field.
Hi There I'm new to this forum and all forums. but I would like to say I have come up with a new alternator conversion that uses the cs130 model alternator. This alternator was the replacement from gm for the si models. The more familiar 10si or 12si alternator conversions. The difference with the cs130 alternator is it can put out close to maxium amps at idle. What this means is it can put out the 105 ams at low rpms. It also hooks up using the three wire hookup as the samurai already has. Its much smaller than the si conversions has better cooling ability and regulator. I have sold over five hundred of these kits on e-bay and have 100% feedback on them. Paul
Adventure-Off-Rd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2009, 03:58 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 55
Gallery: 0
chevy4x48586 is on a distinguished road
Default

I purchased mine new from advance auto parts and i remember it taking a long time to find the rite one to fit the stock pully. but i also have the 1.6L 16 valave tracker engine. but it has held up with a winch great. thats why i got the gm alternator in the first place. And the warrenty has come in handy when it quits after a hard run in the mud.
chevy4x48586 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2010, 08:23 PM   #27 (permalink)
Senior
 
geo4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Decatur INDIANA
Posts: 361
Gallery: 0
geo4x4 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy4x48586 View Post
I purchased mine new from advance auto parts and i remember it taking a long time to find the rite one to fit the stock pully. but i also have the 1.6L 16 valave tracker engine. but it has held up with a winch great. thats why i got the gm alternator in the first place. And the warrenty has come in handy when it quits after a hard run in the mud.
Can you tell me the part number from advance or the vehicle it came from?
__________________
97 tracker 4x4 3spd auto. 3" Suspension lift with legthened OEM shocks with 15x8 wheels with 235/75/15GoodYear Wrangler AT's. indash am-fm dvd with 3.5" screen. JVC speakers Added 6x9's. Rampage top, converted auto hubs to superwich manual hubs. NGK plugs. Converted to power windows and locks with keyless entry and remote start. Samurai Flares Coming Soon.
geo4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2010, 05:27 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 55
Gallery: 0
chevy4x48586 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo4x4 View Post
Can you tell me the part number from advance or the vehicle it came from?
yah my receipt says it's part # 72733 from advance auto parts if you need the actual #'s from the alt let me know. P.S. you should have them switch the stock pully over for you it's much easier.
chevy4x48586 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2010, 09:58 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 39
Gallery: 0
walkerskyranch is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure-Off-Rd View Post
Hi There I'm new to this forum and all forums. but I would like to say I have come up with a new alternator conversion that uses the cs130 model alternator. This alternator was the replacement from gm for the si models. The more familiar 10si or 12si alternator conversions. The difference with the cs130 alternator is it can put out close to maxium amps at idle. What this means is it can put out the 105 ams at low rpms. It also hooks up using the three wire hookup as the samurai already has. Its much smaller than the si conversions has better cooling ability and regulator. I have sold over five hundred of these kits on e-bay and have 100% feedback on them. Paul
Paul, send me an email!!
walker@newsportphoto.com
walkerskyranch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2013, 09:39 PM   #30 (permalink)
Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Indiana USA
Posts: 138
Gallery: 0
bellis24 is on a distinguished road
Default

will putting a bigger Alternator tack out the EMC or will it not mater
I have mod a Alternator in my 92 tracker with a GM alternator in place of the A/c pump and ran it and keep my stock Alternator in place to keep the dash light off
bellis24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site > Suzuki Models > Suzuki Jimny, Sierra & Samurai Forum

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.