yes, but not personally. Lots of people complain about short time of use, low quality. There are way better and cheaper kits exist
2007 USDM Suzuki Escudo Salomon Edition Lux 4x4 auto 2.7L V6 - sold for $13K as is.
2007 EDM Suzuki Escudo Salomon Edition EXL 4x4 auto 2.0L C4 - traded in for 2013 Nissan Pathfinder 3l Cdi 4x4 auto
2010 JDM Suzuki Grand Vitara SZ 4x4 auto 2.7L V6 - traded in for 2013 Hyundai Avante MD 1.8L auto
The biggest and best battery that I found for the 3.2Ltr was a Century MarinePro 720.
The battery required modifying the plastic mounting plate (took about two minutes) and it fit snug in. It is considerably larger than the original. Key benefits of this battery is:
* High cranking amps (720CCA)
* Deep cycle capacity (with 100AH) so you can run things (small fridge, 3 LED bars) on the battery for up to about a2 days before it reaches 11.9-12V. Time to start the car for 45minutes.
* Marine specific - this means the construction is made to withstand constant hard impacts of a boat on water. Construction of the internals and externals are stronger than standard car batteries and beneficial for 4WD's.
Price, in Australia was $220 installed from a local shop. I could have shopped around for a better price but preferred BatteryWorld service.
__________________ Grand Vitara 2011 3.2 Prestige 5 door
Mods so far:
- 2" lift kit with rear airbags
- 245/70/16 BF Goodrich A/T on steel wheels
- Underbody protection (Engine, center diff, rear diff)
- 2-Din HEMA GPS / Clarion Multimedia system, with reverse camera and built in Digital TV
- custom rooftop cage built off a Rola Vortex cage (link)
- Battery isolation with custom LED strips and permanent auxiliary power (link)
-Custom mounted ARB air compressor
I'm recent here (soon to be GV owner) but wanted to contribute a link for the great collective.
I've used the below site in the past with success in finding specific _used_ parts for my old car (not suzuki), they have near 12.000 parts for grand vitaras though it seems far fewer for the 06+ but still might be worth a look see when your hunting.
Also I suppose this might be of most use to people in n.europe but the individual seller/company might be willing to ship internationally though!
# Note on language use
They seem to not have translated everything, the most common term is "bruksskick" which means the component is operational but may have some sort of remark that one needs to ask the seller about.
I should have added that sorry, yes well both. I would be surprised if one finds new parts on there. Mostly disassembled cars not living up to the rather strict yearly inspection, forcing people to sell it of to a scrap/disassembly yard; either that or wreckers, wild life collisions etc obviously as you already pointed out.
Usually you get a 1 year warranty on used parts and beyond that the consumer protection laws (that I would presume apply even if you order it from abroad) are rather generous if an issue would arise.
I've personally bought various smaller type components (sensors) and other simple to replace items and not had an issue.
I don't have any experience on how this all relates on an international plane I'm just a newbie who barely leaves his corner of the planet, I hope it will be of use to someone though!
Got mine replaced with one specifically designed to fit the SGV. Costed me less than US$ 400
shipped via UPS from HongKong to Brunei. Almost looked OEM. Even displays "S " logo at
Only shortcomings as follows;
1) seek button on steering wheel is giving opposite comand ie when you press the top button its actually skips to previous track rather than skip up to the next track .. ... but this can be reprogrammed.
2) slight unlevelled fitting at the top part but almost unnoticeable.. ... need to put washers at
the top mounting points to level it up.
3) panel lightings are designed for the facelifted model due red while my SGV is the earlier ones
where the panel lightings are predominantly green. .. ..button illuminitations can be changed
between red, blue or purple.
Tested it with 4th gen iPod Touch, it charges the ipod and I can control it at the screen.
Tested the bluetooth with my Android HTC Desire HD , the call function works and I can also
control my audio player through the headunit. The DVD player and radio works fine.
TV tuner works fine. ... .need to purchase antenna separately Reverse camera input works fine.. .. need to purchase reverse camera separately. USB in and Mini SD card slot works fine. Quite a straight forward installation, just "plug and play" and had run the USB and iPod /iPhone connection to the pocket just below the A/C control panel.. .. wanting maintain the "clean"/ uncluttered factory look.
Wholesale 7 " HD car DVD player for Suzuki Grand Vitara with GPS BT RDS IPOD TV
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.