Suzuki Forums banner

New car XM Radio 1st use

11K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  gmasi08 
#1 ·
Could someone please tell me how to set up my new car's radio?
I have a 2012 SX4, and it has the "XM" symbol on radio

(Also is it compatable with Pandora, if so how do I set that up?)

If anyone can please help with both questions....

Thank you in Advance!
~Bridget

#2 ·
Blueflower, I'm also a Suzuki SX4 user, my 2007 car is also "XM Capable." This means you can take your car into the nearest Suzuki dealer if you want to have XM service, this is a subscription service. From what I've seen on the Internet, it's too expensive, so I don't want it.

#3 ·
I also have the same car blueflower44. I'm not sure though whether or not you get a free subscription through Suzuki... Dodge is known for this when you buy a Dodge vehicle, they give you a free 1 year sub to Sirius, it's worth a call to your dealership to see if they offer something similar.
A regular sub should be in the $15/mo range I believe.

#6 ·
My new Soul, has XM Radio activated for a trial period. It's pretty nice except when you go under something that blocks the satellite signal. You pretty much have to stay in 'Line of Sight' with the Satellite sending the signal. It's just like DISH or Direct TV.

I got a letter from the provider reaffirming the trial period and telling me I can keep the service for only $15 per month. I think NOT!
I'll stick their letter in the file with the rest of my car papers. Maybe the next owner will want to activate the service.
I seldom listen to the radio at all and when I do, the local FM stations will do me just fine.

Good Luck!
:cool:

#9 ·
So, the XM enabled radio that is in my shiny new SX4 is worthless for satellite listening unless I go spend $300+ on some adapter?

If that's the way this works, I really do feel ripped off. Regardless of how much $$ having that radio built into the car was (added to the cost of the vehicle) I was told that "Xm satellite radio is built in!".

#8 ·
My first car had an AM radio, with one speaker.

We've certainly come a long ways since then.
I thought the radio in my SX4 sounded pretty darn good, when I set the bass at about 80% and then sent 75% of the sound to the rear speakers.

I've done the same thing on my Kia Soul and it too sounds pretty darn GOOD!

I seldom even listen to the radio, because I'd rather listen to my car and what's going on around me, like the ambulance coming up behind me.

These people with their whole car going "BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!" have no clue if they have a rod knocking, tire going Flop, Flop, Flop or if there's an emergency vehicle behind them, needing them to pull over.

I usually only listen to music when I'm stopped, like for a train.

Cheers Mates!
:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.