Suzuki Forums banner

Code for Audio System & Replacing Stereo- Suzuki Aerio 2006

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Devilsword 
#1 ·
Hi, I have a suzuki Areo 2006. After the car battery died, the system required a code. I tried to put in the code, only to find that I am locked out and unable to use the system. The Suzuki dealer says the radio has to be shipped to Suzuki for repairs or I have to replace the stereo receiver. Can anyone suggest a way out without replacing the receiver? If it has to be replaced, are there any restrictions on the type of replacement receiver? If replacement is the only workable option, I am interested in Sony MEX-BT2800. Will this be compatible?

Thanks very much for your help in advance.

#2 ·
i recently bought a 2004 suzuki verona from a private dealer and i'm also locked out of the audio system so i'm about to replace an install an in dash kit to make up the difference space wise from the manufactor's audio i dash setting. i think anything would me compatible once installed correctly.

#3 ·
did you try runing a code through. i think the factory code is really simple. 1234, 4321,1111,2222,3333,4444. you can only use 1-4 for the code so really there are only so many combos.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.