Help With 01 Xl7 Ac - Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site
Suzuki Forum Suzuki Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site > Suzuki Models > Suzuki Vitara, Grand Vitara & XL-7 Forum (1999+) > 1G (2001-2006) XL-7
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

Suzuki-Forums.com is the premier Suzuki Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2006, 05:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
JBR

Gallery: 0
JBR

It looks as if the ac compressor has gone bad. It appears that the clutch pulley is gone. If you turn the AC or the defrost on it will squeal and stall the car. The clutch spins freely but wobbles and the Aux. fan works fine.
My question is can I install a belt for a non AC car and by pass the compressor all togather? Thanks
JBR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2006, 06:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

XL7Limited is an unknown quantity at this point

thinking... maybe... But I think the belt tensioner would be different.. So prolly not..
XL7Limited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2006, 12:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Expert

bobms01gv

Unfortunately, there was no Non-A/C cars in the US. They all came with A/C. You're only other real option is to unplug the electrical plug on the clutch so it never engages the compressor. This is a very common fix on the older GM compressors.
bobms01gv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2006, 01:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
JBR

JBR

You are right about the non a/c xl7, they don't exist. I contacted 2 service centers and both agree to just disconnect the wire. But the pulley wobbles and the clutch plates grind when not engaged. I am going to search out a belt that might just run the ps pump.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Super Moderator

but isn't the 2.5 6 available without ac in the US? Thats th esame belt set up as the 2.7
Old 04-11-2006, 08:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
Expert

bobms01gv

Noper's. All the GV, whether they be the GV or XL-7 all came with AC. Now the 2.0 and 1.6L Vitaras could be had without AC.

Also, all GV's in the US were 2.5L V6 and all XL-7's all used the 2.7L V6, of course that's through 2005.

Also, the 99-00 GV used a different compressor setup than the 01-up, so the hises, brackets and compressor are different if you look for a used one.
bobms01gv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2006, 02:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
JBR

JBR

Update: Well I removed the ac compressor, tight fit, had to take off the PS lines. I then installed a new belt 25-040405 Napa #. Now there is no ac but the pocket book is alot heavier.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:08 PM   #8 (permalink)

carmona is an unknown quantity at this point
Question A/C Clutch

Hello again,

I need some advice... as I posted before that when the clutch engages on the A/C compressor it makes a rattling noise. So I was thinking in purchase the coil and changed myself, but basicaly the compressor has to be removed and for that I have to recover the gas and then I have to use especial tools to remove the pulley.

Can I take the GV to the dealer or mechanic just to recover the gas and do the removal and installtion of the compresor myself?, and then take it to the dealer to put back gas into the system.'
Is it worth doing all this to save some dollars? or just take the car to the dealer.

has anybody done this before? (remove the coil from the compressor).

Last edited by carmona; 06-16-2006 at 01:46 AM.
carmona is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2006, 06:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Its quite a job for someone who has not done it before. If you have the paintence, a good shop manual and proper tool and plenty of time go for it.

Frank
Old 06-16-2006, 12:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

carmona is an unknown quantity at this point

I bet is quite a job. Hopefuly when I get off the ship I will have time to do this. My concern is... How bad is to switch on (or run) the A/C compressor with this rattling noise when the clutch engages. Before I came on board the ship I took the car to the dealer and he told me not to worry, as long I can put up with the rattling is ok!

Last edited by carmona; 06-16-2006 at 12:22 PM.
carmona is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site > Suzuki Models > Suzuki Vitara, Grand Vitara & XL-7 Forum (1999+) > 1G (2001-2006) XL-7

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.