Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site - View Single Post - Another oil filter question.
Suzuki Forum Suzuki Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

Suzuki-Forums.com is the premier Suzuki All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 09:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Just There

Gallery: 0
Just There is on a distinguished road

Thank you Fordhem. I put the replacement on because my options were limited. Had to puncture the old filter to remove it and the very few parts places are an hour away and I most likely had the best/only option in hand. I really don't know what to look for regarding the back-check valve. There was a red material directly behind (maybe up against) the ring of holes. No chain rattle on startup and no leaks, so I'm feeling pretty good about this, but if it doesn't have the valve I would like to correct that next oil change.

As a side note: The procedure was every bit the PITA described on this forum. The foil deflector tip was very useful. Any other tips? I had two different filter wrenches and still had to resort to stabbing it with a screwdriver to loosen it because of the non-access.