Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site - View Single Post - H25a (V-6) Engine removal / replacement...
Suzuki Forum Suzuki Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

Suzuki-Forums.com is the premier Suzuki All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 08:33 PM   #54 (permalink)
Max

Gallery: 0
Max is on a distinguished road
Default Hit a snag...

Trying to remove the last (top two) bellhousing bolts. I can get to the one closest to the starter, but the other has no clean access.

Even tried this tool, but on the one by the starter I can't create enough torque to break it. The other, can't get to the bolt head still.

Extensions and ratchet just spring. Only 3/8" drive, which doesn't help. A 1/2" drive set-up would offer a better chance.

Dropping the tail end of the trans to tilt the whole mess should allow for a LONG clear shot to them, but I'm taking a different approach from the engine bay. I removed the throttle-body / EGR portion of the intake at the back as the engine will not be used again anyway. Just need to remove the crossover coolant pipe section and then I should be able to get a box-end 17MM on the last two bolts from above and the ability to get a cheater pipe on the wrench. Better than laying flat on your back with minimal body clearance and little mechanical tool advantage.

All this in order to have the trans remain in place. Pulling the whole package may be easier. Don't know yet for sure.

Taking a Holiday trip to see the kids. See you in a week.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote